Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sensibilities: The Work of Ali Miranda and Cheryl Maeder

Opening Soon..

AvtivistArtistA Gallery
422 West Industrial Ave.
Boynton Beach, Florida 33426
786/521-1199

Sensibilities 
The Work of Ali Miranda and Cheryl Maeder

December 28 through January 30, 2014

About the Artists:

Cheryl Naeder
I began my photography studies while living in Switzerland at the Kunstgewerbeschule in Zurich. I left Switzerland and returned to the United States, where, after much hard work and perseverance, I opened my photography studio in San Francisco. For the next 15 years, I worked as a national fine art and advertising photographer shooting campaigns for clients such as Sony, AT&T, Visa, Calvin Klein, Marriott Hotels among others. My work was the inspiration for the Dove Campaign on Real Women, Real Beauty, which was shown in the United States and throughout the world.

In early 2000, I traveled through the coastal towns of the Costa Brava in Spain. Inspired by the play of color and light before me, I began experimenting, using my photography in an entirely new direction. This experimentation evolved into my current, ongoing project, the Dreamscapes Series. I have also transitioned to photographing the beauty of the human form, inspired by the Impressionists. Being a visual artist for 25 years and always working to break through stereotypes, in 2011, I also began shooting motion.

My photography work is in the permanent collection of the Frost Museum and exhibited at the Boca Museum of Art. My work has been awarded the Artoteque Biennial Contemporary Art Award of Excellence, International Color Awards Photography Masters Cup, Women in Photography International, Hasselblad Lurzer’s International Screenings Award and I was a finalist in Art Takes Miami 2012, Juried Competition by Artists Wanted & Scope Art Fair. My photographs have been auctioned at Sotheby’s and are collected worldwide, including Shanghai, Paris, London, Istanbul, Miami and Toronto. My work has been hailed by Bruce Helander, Artist and Contributor to Art News Magazine and Huffingtonpost.com, as “one of those rare talents that effortlessly combine painting and photography into an engaging visual statement.” - See more at: http://maederphotography.com/about/#sthash.czk4ZbNc.dpuf




ALI MIRANDA

Greatly known for his erotic nudes, Ali's work is often featured in both local an national publications, covering a broad spectrum in the photography field from commercial to fine-art. A native of the Miami area, Ali established himself as a photo artist in South Beach during the late 80s and up to the present. 
He holds a degree in Fine Arts from the Academy of Arts College of San Francisco and also attended the School of Visual Arts in New York and Chicago.
Ali's work has been exhibit in various galleries, and collected by many buyers around the world.


Born in Cuba, raised in Miami,Fl. 
BFA from the Acaemy of Art,SF.CA. 
Attended the School of Visual Arts, NYC. 
Exhibited in solo/group show internatinal galleries.. 
Published in books: 
Great Unknowns by We-Zer Publishing 
Male Nudes by Taschen 
Male Bondage & Beasts by FotoFactory 
Men in the Sun by Universe Publishing 

www.aliphoto.com 

1 comment: