Sunday, March 30, 2014

Florida Arts Association: "Spotlight" is on Jonathon Ortiz-Smykla.


Florida Arts Association Presents First of a Series of "Local Spotlights!"Urban Scrawl, April 17, 2014 | 7 PM
Urban Scrawl, April 17, 2014 | 7 PM

"Local Spotlights," created by Rolando Chang Barrero, is a program of Florida Arts Association (not-for-profit organization) to facilitate  Florida Artists in all disciplines a venue to showcase their talent and creativity.
Urban Scrawl  , a solo exhibition, featuring paintings and small work collage/assemblage pieces by Jonathon Ortiz-Smykla at the Boynton Beach Arts District's ActivistArtistA Gallery.  

Urban Scrawl
 will represent abstract paintings created through layers of texture, color and spatial relationships.  The newest works on exhibit have been created through assemblage that relate to pop culture, history and the vernacular language of both rural and urban cultures.
Special Reception for the Artist will be held on:
Thursday, April 17, 2014 | 6-11 PM
This exhibition coincides with the Boynton Beach Art District Art Walk: Boynton Beach LIVE!
Recognized as the "Beat Art Walk in Broward and Palm Beach County. 
Contact:
ActivistArtistA Gallery
Rolando Chang Barrero, Curator
422 West Industrial Ave.
Boynton Beach, FL 33426
(786)521-1199

(located just West of I-95 as you exit the Boynton Beach Blvd. Exit off of I-95.  Take your first right onto West Industrial Ave.)

Artist Statement

Since 2010 I have taken a much more driven approach to the creation of art through the use of mixed mediums founded on my educational and professional experience in the field of Landscape Architecture with a focus on urban design.  Through photography, painting, printing, assemblage, and illustrations, I have only begun my journey as a full time artist.

My art stems from my passion for the arts in general.  Visual art, predecessors and contemporaries in Pop Art, Street Art and Abstract Study have influenced my gallery exhibitions and everyday experimentation.  Live Music and psychedelic rock bands of the 60s, 70s and present have continuously sculpted my ideas for rock posters and event merchandise.  Blending both visual and musical stimulation allows me to develop my own processes and creative form of expression.  I often blend layers of texture, design, and personal expression to achieve a moment of feeling forever captured as a work of art.
ActivistArtistA Gallery/Studio
422 West Industrial Ave.
Boynton Beach, FL 33426
(786)521-1199
(located just West of I-95 as you exit the Boynton Beach Blvd. Exit off of I-95.  Take your first right onto West Industrial Ave.)






No comments:

Post a Comment